Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Golden Coast

I really haven't been good at updating this...

But since Woodford...not a lot has happened. Mandy and I have settled on the gold coast in Surfers paradise, Mandy got a job working for an Irish pub, she has been getting a lot of hours, and decent pay. She just has to put up with more dumb people then she would like to.
Myself, after spending quite a few days searching for jobs. It's hard this time of year, everyone mass hired before the crazy xmas and new years rush, meaning now that it's getting less busy they are letting people go. I did manage to find a temporary job at the Surfers Sling Shot and Vomatron rides. They are permanent fixtures in the heart of surfers, and for some reason they are letting me run them! The people are hilarious, and we get some serious bar tabs around town, so it's win win. I need more hours though, so am still looking for more work...

Later down the road we will travel farther south, to Melbourn and Perth, but are thinking of sailing there. I found a website that specializes in putting togeather sail crews. The various boats look for various people with different qualifications, but there are plent out there were no expierence is necessary. I could potentially find a job sailing back to Canada.....time will tell.

No comments: